Shopping for new cookware is exciting but can also be overwhelming. The options seem endless, with sets made from stainless steel, ceramic, aluminum, copper, and more. Brands like All-Clad, Calphalon, and Cuisinart all promise professional quality cooking with premium materials.
With so many choices, how do you decide what’s best for your kitchen and budget?
If you’re looking for durable, high performing nonstick pots and pans, the Circulon Premier Professional 13-piece hard anodized cookware set deserves a close look. But is it really worth the investment compared to other top cookware lines?
Keep reading this in-depth review for an honest look at the performance, durability, and value of the Circulon Premier cookware set to help you decide if it’s worth the price tag. We’ll cover:
- An overview of Circulon as a brand and the key features of this 13-piece set
- Our hands-on testing results for searing, frying, simmering and more
- The pros and cons of the set after extended use
- How it compares to Calphalon, Cuisinart, and other popular pots and pans
- Whether it makes a good gift idea or wedding registry choice
By the end, you’ll know if the Circulon Premier line truly delivers on its promise of professional quality cooking at a mid-range price point. Let’s get cooking!
A Brief History of Circulon Cookware
Circulon cookware has been around for over 35 years, establishing itself as a leader in premium nonstick pots and pans. The company is known for its innovative Total® nonstick system that uses a unique series of raised circles on the cooking surface. This allows for fantastic food release while also providing durable scratch resistance.
Circulon continues to upgrade their nonstick technology over the years. They use heavy gauge hard anodized aluminum for fast, even heating. Many of their product lines also boast stainless steel bases for superb searing on induction cooktops.
While Circulon makes everything from frying pans to stock pots, the Premier Professional collection stands out as their flagship line. It’s designed to deliver professional grade cooking with reinforced nonstick and robust construction.
So how does this premium 13-piece Premier set actually hold up? Let’s find out…
Unboxing the Circulon Premier 13-Piece Cookware Set
Right out of the box, the polished silver and chocolate brown aesthetics of this Circulon set make a stylish statement in any kitchen. The hard anodized aluminum has a smooth, high quality feel. And it’s noticeably solid and weighty without being cumbersome to handle.
Here’s a full list of all 13 pieces included:
- 8″ fry pan
- 10″ fry pan
- 12″ fry pan with lid
- 1-quart saucepan with lid
- 2-quart saucepan with lid
- 3-quart saucepan with lid
- 3.5-quart sauté pan with lid
- 8-quart stockpot with lid
The set contains a good assortment of essential pots and pans. Three fry pans give you flexibility for cooking different amounts. The saucepans and stockpot are handy for boiling pasta, making soups and chili, and preparing rice or grains.
One missing piece some buyers note is a larger 12-inch fry pan. But thepieces here should meet most home chefs’ needs.
Upon closer inspection, the quality shows in the details:
- The riveted stainless steel handles feel sturdy and include holes for easy hanging
- Tempered glass lids have stainless rims and allow seeing food cook
- A brushed stainless steel base caps the bottoms for durability and induction cooking
Overall, the refined Circulon Premier set inspires confidence this cookware can stand up to repeated use. Now let’s see how it performs on the stove and in the oven!
Testing the Circulon Premier Pots and Pans
We put the Circulon Premier cookware through extensive testing with different cooking methods, temperatures, and foods. Here were our main takeaways:
Superior Searing and Browning
The stainless steel base on the skillets and pans did a superb job of searing proteins like steak, pork chops, and chicken breasts. Browning ground beef for tacos or turkey for chili also achieved nice coloration and fond development.
Even, Responsive Heating
Across the board, this Circulon cookware heated quickly and evenly on both gas and electric ranges. The anodized aluminum construction prevents hot spots. Food simmers gently or bubbles away nicely once a rolling boil is reached.
Excellent Nonstick Performance
Fried eggs slid right off the nonstick surface without sticking. Pancakes and crepes flipped easily. Fish fillets released cleanly without tearing. The nonstick held up well over repeated use.
Raised Circles Help Food Release
Circulon’s patented raised circles really do work to prevent food sticking or burning. Omelets lifted perfectly after cooking. The little bumps help circulate air to allow food release.
Glass Lids Seal in Moisture and Flavor
Soups and braised dishes benefited from the tight sealing lids. They allowed monitoring cooking progress without losing moisture or heat.
Resists Scratches from Metal Utensils
We were less cautious about using metal spoons, spatulas, or whisks during testing. The reinforced nonstick stood up to the occasional scrape or scratch. No peeling or flaking issues.
Oven and Dishwasher Safe
We found the cookware performed well for baking dishes in the oven up to 400°F. The glass lids are oven safe up to 260°F. Clean up was simple by loading in the dishwasher.
After extensive testing across the stovetop and oven, the Circulon Premier set impressed us with its durability, cooking performance, and ease of use. Next let’s look closer at the pros and cons.
The Pros and Cons of the Circulon Premier Pots and Pans
Pros of the Circulon Premier Cookware Set:
- Premium nonstick cooking performance – the reinforced, PFOA-free nonstick stood up beautifully over time with no sticking or scratches
- Hard anodized aluminum construction – heats quickly and evenly, highly durable material
- Stainless steel base – provides excellent heat conduction for consistent browning and searing
- Dishwasher safe – makes cleaning and maintenance easy
- Oven safe to 400°F – lids to 260°F allows finishing dishes in the oven
- Comfortable handles stay cool – no hot spots during stovetop cooking
- Glass lids – allows monitoring cooking while trapping in heat and moisture
- Heavy bottomed – prevents warping and promotes even heating
Cons of the Circulon Premier Pots and Pans:
- Prone to discoloration over time – aluminum can take on stained or rainbow-like tint
- No 12-inch skillet included – the addition would provide more size options
- Requires more care than stainless steel – hand wash recommended over dishwasher for longevity
- Nonstick may show wear – surface can deteriorate after many years under heavy use
- Heavier than some cookware – though not unmanageable for most users
So in summary, the Circulon Premier line offers high caliber cooking abilities thanks to its durable construction and top notch nonstick surface. The pots and pans are built to last through years of steady use.
There are some drawbacks like potential discoloration over a long period and the nonstick may eventually show signs of wear. Overall though, the performance remains reliable for most home cooks.
Next let’s see how it stacks up to the competition.
How Does Circulon Compare to Other Popular Cookware?
The Circulon Premier set holds its own against top cookware lines from All-Clad, Calphalon, and Cuisinart. Here’s a brief overview:
All-Clad: This high-end American brand is renowned for its fully clad construction. Layers of stainless steel and an aluminum core result in even heating but very heavy pieces. Price is substantially higher than Circulon.
Calphalon: A long-time market leader in aluminum nonstick cookware. The Calphalon Premier Space Saving line is comparable to Circulon but has a higher price tag. Many buyers say Circulon’s nonstick holds up notably longer.
Cuisinart: Known for affordable quality cookware, including well-regarded nonstick sets. A comparable Cuisinart Chef’s Classic set costs less than Circulon but doesn’t match Circulon’s durable hard anodized aluminum build.
T-fal: Offers very budget-friendly nonstick cookware that performs decently but doesn’t have the longevity or quality materials of Circulon. Great option for outfitting a first apartment or college dorm.
Among nonstick pots and pans, the Circulon Premier set holds an advantage for its balance of mid-range affordability, high quality construction, and durable nonstick cooking surface. The performance is on par with more expensive brands without the premium price tags.
Is the Circulon Premier Cookware Set a Good Investment?
At around $250-300 for the 13-piece set, the Circulon Premier collection represents a solid mid-priced investment in high performing nonstick cookware. While not cheap, comparable professional sets can run $500+ (like All-Clad). So Circulon presents a compelling value.
The durable hard anodized aluminum, StayCool handles, and reinforced nonstick surface come together to deliver an exceptional cooking experience. Searing, simmering, frying, and more all achieved fantastic results across our testing.
While no nonstick cookware lasts forever, the Circulon Premier set should provide reliable performance for many years with proper care. Hand washing is recommended over frequent dishwasher use for maximizing the lifespan.
For home cooks seeking premium nonstick pots and pans, this Circulon set will exceed expectations again and again thanks to smart design and robust construction.
With its balance of professional results and family-friendly price point, the Circulon Premier 13-piece set earns our recommendation as an excellent addition for outfitting your kitchen.
Is the Circulon Premier Cookware Set a Good Gift or Registry Choice?
With wedding season fast approaching, the Circulon Premier set makes a fantastic gift or registry option for couples setting up their first home. The essential pots and pans are sure to get years of good use.
For birthdays, housewarmings, or holidays, this Circulon collection is an ideal present that any home chef would appreciate. The beautiful appearance and quality materials elevate this practical gift beyond the mundane.
If you want to make an impression with a special cook in your life, this well-appointed Circulon Premier set won’t disappoint. Who wouldn’t love unwrapping the gift of high performance nonstick cookware to step up their culinary skills?
Care and Maintenance of Circulon Premier Cookware
To get the best results and longevity from your Circulon Premier cookware, follow these care instructions:
- Hand wash – Whenever possible, wash by hand with warm soapy water rather than dishwasher, especially for the nonstick interiors. Minimizes deterioration over time.
- Avoid metal utensils – Wood, silicone, plastic utensils are ideal. Metal can eventually scratch the nonstick coating.
- Low to medium heat – Prevents overheating and damage to the nonstick surface. High heat only for boiling.
- Oil before preheating – Add a teaspoon of oil before heating empty pans to prevent sticking.
- Don’t overcrowd pan – Allow space between food for even cooking.
- Store with care – Avoid stacking items inside one another.
Following these simple guidelines will help your Circulon Premier cookware deliver top performance for years of cooking enjoyment!
Where to Buy the Circulon Premier Pots and Pans Set
The Circulon Premier 13-piece set is sold at several major retailers:
- Amazon – Offers the full collection or ability to purchase individual pieces. Often discounted prices.
- Bed Bath & Beyond – Frequently runs sales, coupons, and promotions on Circulon sets.
- Kohl’s – Includes discounts and Kohl’s Cash redemptions when purchasing.
- Macy’s – Occasional deal pricing available both online and in stores.
- Walmart – Everyday low prices along with free shipping on orders over $35.
Be sure to check for any current sales or promotions before purchasing. Buying direct from the retailer often allows better pricing than third party resellers.
Circulon Premier Cookware: Final Verdict
When reviewing the Circulon Premier Professional 13-piece hard anodized cookware set, the outstanding performance left a lasting impression. From quick heat conduction to effortless food release, this cookware delivers on being truly nonstick.
While an investment, the sturdy hard anodized aluminum construction indicates years of reliable cooking abilities. The pots and pans are built to last through daily use thanks to the reinforced nonstick and stainless steel base.
For home chefs needing an upgrade from bargain cookware, this Circulon set won’t disappoint. From scrambling eggs to braising meat, expect fantastic cooking results across the board.
Given the quality materials and proven cooking abilities, the Circulon Premier collection earns our wholehearted recommendation. Investing in these high performing pots and pans will level up your culinary skills for years to come.