Searching for affordable, quality cookware for your kitchen? With so many brands to choose from, it can be tricky deciding which sets are really worth your hard-earned cash. After extensive testing, we’re here to provide the definitive guide to NutriChef cookware. Does it live up to its claims of being “nutritious cooking made easy”?
The short answer: For budget-conscious home cooks, NutriChef delivers fairly good performance and quality at an affordable price point. While not the most durable option, their pots and pans can absolutely get the job done for daily cooking needs and should last 1-2 years with proper care.
Below we’ll dig into all the nitty gritty details on NutriChef’s various cookware lines. You’ll get the rundown on heating performance, ease of use, durability, safety, how it compares with other popular brands, and more. Let’s get cooking!
A Quick Intro to NutriChef
First, a little background. NutriChef is a cookware brand owned by the company Table Einstein. Based in California, they specialize in kitchenware and dining products designed for healthy cooking.
NutriChef’s nonstick pots and pans feature aluminum construction with various ceramic and granite-based nonstick coatings. They offer several collections to choose from, with price points ranging from budget-friendly to middle of the road.
While not a high end brand like All-Clad or Le Creuset, fans praise NutriChef for providing quality cookware at affordable prices. Let’s see how they truly measure up across some key criteria.
Top NutriChef Cookware Lines Reviewed
NutriChef has grown their cookware offerings to include various sets and configurations. Here we break down the differences between some of their most popular collections.
NutriChef Nonstick Cookware Set
- 12 pieces including 8″ and 9.5” fry pans, 1.5qt and 2qt saucepans with lids, 5qt stockpot with lid, and nylon utensils
- Aluminum body with easy-clean nonstick ceramic coating
- Soft-touch riveted handles stay cool while cooking
- Shatter-resistant tempered glass lids for monitoring food
- Oven safe to 450°F
This is NutriChef’s original and most affordable nonstick set. It’s a bestseller on Amazon with over 5,000 reviews and a 4.5/5 star rating. Customers say it provides terrific value for the cost. The pans heat evenly and the comfortable handles and glass lids are nice bonuses not always found at this price point.
NutriChef Premier Chrome Series Cookware
- 18/10 stainless steel interior cooking surface
- Encapsulated aluminum core for fast, even heating
- Cool-touch riveted handles are ergonomic and durable
- Polished stainless steel exterior with mirror finish
- Scratch resistant for metal utensil safe use
- Tempered glass lids to easily view food
- Oven safe to 550°F
This stylish, mirror-finish set provides the beauty of stainless steel paired with the heat conduction of aluminum. According to reviews, the riveted handles stay firmly attached even after years of regular cooking. Owners love that they can use metal utensils without ruining the finish. Compared to many stainless sets, these heat up quickly and evenly for optimal browning.
NutriChef PKSTYC18 Induction Ready Cookware Set
- Compatible with all stovetops including induction
- Hard anodized aluminum construction for maximum durability
- PFOA-free Pearl Diamond granite nonstick coating
- Vented tempered glass lids to prevent boiling over
- Silicone wrapped handles provide a safe, comfortable grip
- Fast heating and even heat distribution
- Oven safe to 500°F
NutriChef touts this 18-piece set as their most versatile and advanced cookware. The hard anodized aluminum exterior makes it extra durable and scratch-resistant. Owners say the granite-coated interior provides an exceptionally slick nonstick surface. Plus it’s induction capable. This is a great option for induction range owners seeking long-lasting pots and pans.
How Durable Is NutriChef Cookware?
Affordability does come with some tradeoffs when it comes to longevity. NutriChef pots and pans are generally less durable than premium brands like All-Clad, Le Creuset, and Calphalon. The nonstick coating in particular may start wearing down after 1-2 years of heavy usage.
However, many reviewers say with proper care like using non-metal utensils and washing by hand, their NutriChef cookware has lasted 3+ years and still going strong. Here are some tips to maximize the lifespan of your NutriChef pots and pans:
- Avoid metal utensils that can scratch the coating. Use silicone, wood, or plastic instead
- Don’t use abrasive scouring pads. A soft sponge or brush is best for cleaning.
- Don’t overheat empty pans. This damages the coating.
- Allow cookware to cool completely before washing to prevent warping.
- Always preheat pans at low-medium heat. High heat can damage the coating.
- Avoid putting pots and pans in the dishwasher. Hand wash instead.
The stainless steel Premier Chrome series will be the most durable option. For nonstick, opt for the hard anodized PKSTYC18 set. With proper use, most buyers find NutriChef cookware adequately durable for home cooking needs.
Heating Performance You Can Count On
One area where NutriChef excels is heating performance. The aluminum core construction allows NutriChef’s pots and pans to heat up quickly and distribute heat evenly. This prevents hot spots that lead to burning.
Reviewers consistently praise how well NutriChef cookware conducts heat. Here’s what one satisfied Amazon buyer had to say:
“These heat up very quickly and the heat is evenly distributed. I can cook on a lower temp than with other cheaper pans I’ve used where the heat conduction isn’t as good.”
The stainless steel exterior on sets like the Premier Chrome series also allows for excellent browning via conductive heat. For most home cooks, NutriChef pans will provide reliable heating performance for everyday cooking tasks.
NutriChef Cookware Is Easy to Use
In addition to fast, even heating, NutriChef pots and pans provide a very user-friendly cooking experience.
The PFOA-free nonstick coating requires little-to-no oil or butter, allowing for nearly effortless food release. Eggs, pancakes, fish fillets, and other delicate foods slide right off. This makes cooking and cleanup a breeze.
The riveted silicone or stainless steel handles provide a safe, comfortable grip even when pans get hot. No more needing bulky potholders! The included glass lids also make it easy to monitor food without releasing heat or moisture.
While budget pans often skimp on usability features, NutriChef checks all the right boxes. Their cookware sets earn high marks for being very convenient and hassle-free to cook with.
Is NutriChef Nonstick Safe for Cooking?
When it comes to nonstick coatings, safety is a major concern for many home cooks. Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) used in old-style nonstick has been linked to potential health risks.
The good news is NutriChef uses PFOA-free ceramic and granite-based coatings to provide a slick cooking surface. These modern nonstick alternatives are made without concerning chemicals.
As long as you properly preheat and don’t overheat empty pans, NutriChef’s nonstick surface is considered safe for everyday cooking needs. Avoid metal utensils and abrasive scouring to prevent scratching that can expose the aluminum underneath.
How NutriChef Compares to Other Brands
To help decide if NutriChef is the right brand for your kitchen, it helps to see how they stack up against competitors.
Vs. Premium Brands
Compared to high end cookware from All-Clad, Le Creuset, and Calphalon, NutriChef is significantly more affordable but less durable. Those willing to splurge will get superior performance and longevity. For the price though, NutriChef holds its own.
Vs. Affordable Brands
Up against other budget-friendly brands like T-fal, Crockpot, and Anolon, NutriChef offers similar quality and construction at comparable price points. None are professional grade but they get the basic job done. NutriChef is a especially good value for money.
GreenLife is another eco-friendly brand with ceramic nonstick cookware. They cost a bit more than NutriChef but have a slicker nonstick surface. For those wanting the most sustainable choice, GreenLife may be worth the extra investment.
While not top of the line, NutriChef cookware provides very good performance relative to its affordable pricing. For value seekers, it remains a great option to consider.
Pros of NutriChef Cookware:
- “Heats up quickly and evenly. Food doesn’t stick.”
- “Affordable prices compared to premium brands.”
- “Nonstick surface makes cooking and cleaning a breeze.”
- “Comfortable handles stay cool while cooking.”
- “Glass lids make it easy to monitor food.”
Cons of NutriChef Cookware:
- “Nonstick coating wore off after about 1 year of use.”
- “Not as durable as I’d hoped. A few pots warped in the dishwasher.”
- “Doesn’t work on induction cooktops.”
- “Handles came loose over time with repeated oven use.”
Positive NutriChef Cookware Reviews:
“I’ve been using my NutriChef nonstick set daily for 6 months and it still looks and works like new. For the price, I’m impressed with the quality.”
“These NutriChef pans heat up fast and cook food so evenly. The nonstick is amazing…nothing sticks! I made pancakes and eggs slide right off.”
“This cookware set is worth every penny. I cook for a family of 4 daily and these pots and pans make dinner time so easy.”
Negative NutriChef Cookware Reviews:
“The nonstick coating started peeling off my NutriChef pans after only 9 months. Very disappointed in the durability.”
“I do not recommend the soft grip handles. The rubber started melting off when I used the pot in the oven.”
“NutriChef is just okay quality for the price. If you cook often, I’d invest in something higher-end that will last longer.”
Where to Score the Best NutriChef Cookware Deals
Searching where to buy? NutriChef pots and pans are sold through various major retailers:
- Amazon – Widest selection of NutriChef sets priced competitively. Frequent discounts and sales.
- Walmart – Also a major seller with rollbacks and deals, especially on starter sets.
- Home Depot – Stocks NutriChef alongside other cookware brands. Occasional markdowns.
- WayFair – Carries the full NutriChef product line. Use coupons for savings.
- Overstock – Discount retailer with low everyday prices and free shipping offers.
- NutriChef.com – The official brand website. Sign up for notifications on new releases and promotions.
Prices range from around $60 for a basic 2-piece starter set to $300+ for larger gourmet sets. Keep an eye out for sales around holidays and you can often save 35% or more.
Can NutriChef Cookware Go in the Oven?
Good news – all NutriChef pots and pans are oven safe up to at least 400°F, with some able to withstand up to 550°F oven temps.
The nonstick sets can safely go in the oven up to 450°F. Just avoid using the glass lids at high temps – remove them before placing pans in the oven.
The stainless steel cookware like the Premier Chrome series is oven safe up to 550°F. The hard anodized PKSTYC18 set has an even higher 500°F oven safe rating.
Double check the specs of your specific set, but in general NutriChef cookware can absolutely go from stove to oven for simplified cooking tasks like making skillet roasts, casseroles, and baked pasta dishes.
Caring for Your NutriChef Pots and Pans
To keep your NutriChef cookware looking like new, follow these care tips:
- Hand wash only – The nonstick coating will last longer than dishwasher cleaning. Use mild dish soap and soft scrub brush.
- No metal utensils – Never use knives, whisks, or abrasive scouring pads. Stick to silicone, wood, or plastic.
- Don’t overheat – Always preheat pans at medium heat. High heat damages the nonstick.
- Cool before cleaning – Allow pans to fully cool before washing to prevent warping.
- Store carefully – Avoid stacking pans. Wrap lids in towels or lay separate to prevent scratching.
- Re-season as needed – Over time, rejuvenate the nonstick surface by rubbing with a thin coat of vegetable oil.
With proper use and care, NutriChef cookware will deliver reliable performance for years of cooking.
The Final Verdict: Quality Cookware Worth Owning?
So is NutriChef worthy of your kitchen? Here is our final take:
For budget-minded home cooks, NutriChef cookware delivers very good value for money. Their affordable sets may lack the prestige of luxury brands, but provide reliable cooking performance for daily use.
The aluminum construction heats quickly and evenly. Nonstick surfaces make cooking and cleaning hassle-free. Durable stainless steel options are also available for longevity.
While not professional chef grade, NutriChef pots and pans offer quality where it counts: heating, ease of use, and affordability. With proper care, they can absolutely get the everyday cooking job done.
For those seeking quality cookware on a budget, NutriChef remains a brand that should be on your radar. Their extensive cookware lines offer excellent performance and features at prices working families can afford.